Guy Kawasaki interviewed Harmut Esslinger.
- How does Steve Jobs’s mind work?
- Why is it that companies with billions of dollars who can hire any designer or design firm in the world put out such crappy products?
- Can customers truly tell a company how to innovate?
- What can customers do then?
- If a company is hiring a design firm, how can it know that it’s picking the right one?
- If a company is hiring a designer (as an employee), how can it know that it’s picking the right one?
- What are your top ten products of all time?
- What are your ten worst products of all time?
- Why has the One Laptop Per Child project met with limited success?
- If a young person wants to be a great designer, what should he or she do?
Read the answers at OpenForum: The Inside Scoop on Design: Ten Questions with Hartmut Esslinger