Efficiency of Enterprise 2.0 tools. This was the subject we discussed in our SocialChat today. Read my tweets below (top down):
- Lack of efficiency in the (communication) tools can be frustrating and eventually lead to poor effectiveness & minimal creativity.
- I see it this way: With a limited amount of energy and attention I want to work as much as possible in the effective&creative area. Spending my time in the basics, ie. finding my way to the info and people, is wasted for me and the company.
- efficiency w/o effectiveness is useless. efficiency is about effort and speed. Effectiveness is about results.
- E2.0 tools bear the potential to get faster into the results and solution corner of the spectrum. But only if there is a critical mass of people using the tools.
- The more people who use and contribute the higher the effectiveness for all of us. If the tools cannot cope with the demand, then we have a happy problem to solve.
- A “single social platform” definitely bears the advantage not to miss info&experts in dark branches of the intranet. At least all internal platforms need to be interconnected.
- E2.0 tolls create a flexible communication structure by ignoring the company’s org-chart. This is more efficient (and effective) than sending the info up the chain and down into another team.
- If the tools live up the the promise you can even communicate with people you don’t know upfront!
- I was happy to see (when coming from Sun) that the corporate yellow pages use tags. But tagging is complicated and there is almost no positive feedback loop in place to harvest the advantages of tagging.
- Tagging should be easy, as well as retrieving the clusters of knowledge and competence. I would like to see more efficiency to understand the swarm(!).
- I set up a Connect group to aggregate (= get a combined feed) for a couple of Oracle forums. This is much more efficient than checking the forums manually or receiving updates via mail
- My hope is that others follow my example, and that I can benefit from their cleverness regarding E2.0.
- Do it anyway because we benefit. Be cool. Be fast. Be more efficient and effective. And BTW_ tell others about your way of getting the job done.
This is, what I just did. Hope you enjoyed this posting.
See also Benefit of Social Media in Corporates? by Sreya Dutta